Sunday, September 25, 2016

So Long, Amana!

In a couple of days we are moving on to our next destination, Loudonville, Ohio.  We are going to miss the Amana Colonies.  It is so peaceful and quiet here.  We ride our bikes around Lily Lake almost every day.  One day after a rainy night there were quite a few water puddles on the bike paths.  I drove through every one as fast as I could.  I laughed a lot and had so much fun.  John didn't want to get his shoes wet but he said he had fun watching me have fun.  He said I looked like a 12-year-old--I felt like a 12-year-old!  Of course, when we got to Amana my shoes and clothes were wet but I didn't care.

What's the deal with my visor?

















Fall is here and the shops are decorated for Octoberfest which is the first weekend in October.




Amana at dusk:



In the month we were here we were intrigued by how quickly the corn changed from green, to brown and brittle, to gone!








So long, Amana!  We hope to visit again some day.





No comments:

Post a Comment