Sunday, January 8, 2017

Hello 2017!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday.

We spent the holidays visiting with family and friends and taking walks when the weather permitted.  We made tamales with family.  It was fun and the tamales came out pretty good for novices.

Yummy Tamales!

We also walked visited the Riverwalk and the Alamo and took in a San Antonio Spurs game on Christmas Day.




We decided to ring in the new year with dancing and a nice dinner.  We chose to go to JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort.  We spent the night so we wouldn't have to drive home late at night. 

Pretty View from our Room
Festive Lights at the Resort

On Our Way to Dinner

When we checked in we were taken aback with all the children running around and the noise in lobby.  Dinner was a buffet with prime rib, scallops, shrimp along with delicious sides and desserts and was delicious .  We were not expecting any kids in the ballroom because the resort was having separate events for children and for teens.  We were wrong! When we walked into the ballroom I thought we were at the children's event because the dance floor was crowded with kids and when we danced we had to watch out for kids.  Fortunately the music was good, the drinks were good, we danced until 1:00 am and had a very nice time.

Balloon Drop!

Fun Night

A week into the new year I decided to get busy on changing the window treatments in the RV.  I wanted a change from the taupe valances that came with the RV.  I like color and color I got!  I ordered 6 yards of fabric (Robert Allen Halmstad Red) from fabricguru.com. I laid the fabric out on the floor and cut 14 18" panels.  I kept it simple and sewed side and bottom hems and rod pockets with 1" above the rod.  It took 2 whole days of sewing but I think it was worth it.  The panels are not meant to cover the windows, just add some color to the sides.  One problem I ran into was that the fabric has enough body that the panels did not stay gathered at the top as much as I wanted.  I wrapped some Velcro tape around the back of the rod pocket and now the panels stay open as much as I want. 

Before--Drab!

Side Sofa Window Before Velcro
Dining Window Before Velcro
Velcro

 
Threading Velco Through Rod Pocket

Fastening the Velcro

Side Sofa Window After Velcro

Dining Window After Velcro
I was very happy with this quick and easy solution! Next up is shopping for bedroom curtain fabric and getting rid of those valances--as soon as my knees recover!

We're taking the RV into the dealer tomorrow to have some minor warranty work done and to upgrade my microwave to a microwave/convection oven. Then on January 21 we off to Orange Beach, Alabama.  We'll miss family but we're looking forward to hitting the road again!

No comments:

Post a Comment