Friday, June 15, 2018

DePere, Wisconsin

On Thursday, June 7 we left Sault Ste Marie and headed for DePere, WI.  Goodbye Michigan!




A rest stop along the highway provided a photo opportunity of Lake Michigan



We were looking forward to sightseeing in Wisconsin but just before we left Maryland I hurt my back playing with my grandson and it had not gotten much better so John insisted I see a doctor.  Friday morning he drove me to an urgent care clinic.  We were very impressed at the prompt care I received.  I was in and out in 20 minutes and that includes signing in!  I had just sat down to fill out paperwork when I was called back and as soon as the nurse was finished with my vitals the doctor knocked on the door.  Diagnosis--sprained sacroiliac.  He gave me a prescription for a muscle relaxer.  It does not hurt when I walk so we decided to do some light walking in the area.  I was disappointed we didn't get to go into Green Bay and tour Lambeau Field and bike some of the 25 mile Fox River Trail.  This is a biking/walking trail built on an old rail line that connects Green Bay to Milwaukee.  The part of the trail we walked on in DePere was very pretty.








They have a lock that lifts boats 10 ft


A gaggle of geese!
After walking in the park we stopped for some Wisconsin cheese!


After DePere it's on to North Dakota to continue our trek to Alaska...

No comments:

Post a Comment